You can read all about this year's race on their web site, but the basics:
Chicago 13.1 Marathon Course Details
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Start Location: South Shore Cultural Center
Start Time: 7:00 AM
Course Map: Download Course Map
This race is WALKER FRIENDLY. The course will remain open for 3 hours and 30 minutes (16 minute/mile pace).
You can also read the experiences of other bloggers at last year's race (which wasn't typical - the race was cut short due to heat):
- The Journey of a Running Green Girl
- 26.2 Quest
- We Wander and Ponder
- Runner's World forum
If you would like a chance to win the free entry, do any or all of the following:
- Follow this blog via RSS subscription or email subscription (links on the left side of this page)
- Like Run Chicago South on Facebook
- Follow Run Chicago South on Twitter
- Share a link to this post on Facebook
- Share a link to this post on Twitter
- Share a link to this post on DailyMile
- Share a link to this post on your own blog
- Share a link to this post on another social media channel
Leave a comment listing all the things you did. No need to list in separate comments. Each thing you do will earn you one entry. Using random.org, one winner will be selected on Tuesday, April 3 (one week from today).
Unfortunately, if you are already registered for this race, you cannot win and be reimbursed. (I asked, as I was already registered, and part of this offer was a free entry for the blogger + a reader.) In the interest of full disclosure, I am not being compensated monetarily for doing this giveaway, but I was promised access to the VIP tent on race day, whatever that includes.
If you want more chances to win a free entry, check out these blogs.